Is is Jock Itch or Herpes?

Dear Dr. Tom:

I have had a rash, which was like Jock Itch….I went to the doctor and she said it was probably a yeast infection of some sort. I used a Jock Itch cure, and it went away….however, I am afraid it might be something worse. The rash was red, itched, and lasted about two weeks. It was located on my legs and around my genital area. I also was tested for HIV at our community health center, I don’t know if they do any other tests on the blood…..Is there anyway I can be sure what this was?

Dr. Tom’s Response:

Dear Anonymous with a Rash Like Jock Itch:

The way to be sure what your itching and rash were would be to seek treatment from a dermatologist who specializes in skin diseases and related disorders. Skin scrapings can be examined under a microscope, and laboratory cultures can be performed to identify more specifically what your affliction is.


Red Marine Algae | Buy 2 get 1 FREE VIR-L-Lysine | Buy 2 get 1 FREE
  • Top 10 Herpes Facts

    Sex Health Guru Video Tip brought to you by Alice W. Kp M.D. John Hopkins Hospital, Watch the Video

  • Featured Article

    The Truth about HSV-1 and HSV-2 American Social Health Association (ASHA), read the Article

  • Other Infections

    Do you also think you may have been exposed to another STD? Find help now.